Oily hair can be frustration among many of you. It gives rise to problems such as itchy scalp & wet dandruff. Fear not, as there are a number of ways it can be remedied so as to have less of an impact on your life. No matter what the cause for your oily hair problem, FairFax have various Hair Tips And Tricks to help ensure it doesn’t stop you from looking and feeling great.
1. Don’t apply too much hair serum: Do not apply serums and oils too. A handy tip is to spread a drop of hair serum on the fronts and backs of your hands and then apply it, rather than just using your palms to ensure more even distribution.
2. Do not wash your hair too often: When hair gets greasy or oily quickly, our first instinct is to wash it more frequently. Washing your hair too often before it gets the chance to replenish its natural oils can damage your hair. Using more hair products makes the scalp’s sebum glands produce more oils, giving rise to a greasy scalp.
3. Don’t use too much conditioner: If you have an oily scalp, be careful of conditioners, and only apply them to the bottom sections of your hair which are the ends and mid-lengths and experiment with different textures in order to find the best kind for your hair type.
4. Always use clean hairbrush: Clean your comb/ hairbrush every week to remove any build-up and prevent it from transferring onto your hair.
5. Avoid touching your hair too much: You often play with your hair. No matter how clean you think your hands are but, doing so transfers oil, dirt from your hands to your hair. It may also steal away essential oils, leading to dry hair, hair breakage, and even cause hair loss.
Do you have any other tips? Let us know in the comments section below!